Comment on page
What is Passkey Flex?
Use Passage alongside your existing authentication
Passkey Flex is the easiest way to add passkeys to your existing authentication system. Flex is based on the assumption that an app will have both new and existing users who may want to use passkeys. Passkey Flex provides more flexibility for customers who want to:
- Require a password on signup, but allow users to add a passkey afterward
- Allow users to add a passkey at any time from their profile
- Allow users to sign in with a passkey or with a password
For an end user, the flow may look something like this:
There are a few unique benefits of Passkey Flex:
- 1.Minimal changes to the app’s backend. Developers only need to write a small amount of code and do not need to overhaul their existing authorization systems.
- 2.Low risk. Applications can get the competitive advantage of passkeys without the risk of migrating to a whole new authentication system. Users who want passkeys can use them, and other users can just keep the status quo.
- 3.Just-in-time registration. Developers do not need to import all users into Passage, and perfect synchronization between Passage and the legacy database is not required.